7-DAYS/6NIGHTS SPRING EQUINOX ASHTANGA YOGA RETREAT
WITH KPJAYI AUTHORIZED TEACHER BELA LIPAT
14 - 20 MARCH 2020
ASHTANGA YOGA RETREAT
Welcome Spring in Magical Lapland!
Join us for a 7days/ 6 nights Spring Equinox Ashtanga Yoga Retreat
Experience the joy of Ashtanga Yoga, Meditation and Self-discovery surrounded by the magical beauty of Nature in Finnish Lapland. Take time out from a long winter and unwind with us on this Ashtanga Yoga retreat and reconnect to your body, mind, and spirit by recharging your system with Asana, Pranayamaand Meditation every morning, Yin and Restorative Yoga in the afternoons, plus additional Technique classes ending with Yoga Nidra.
This retreat is open for all levels of practitioners guided by KPJAYI Authorized Teacher, Bela Lipat. You need to know at least the Sun Salutations and the standing postures of Primary Series before coming to the retreat and be able to practice Mysore Style Ashtanga.
Where you will stay:
Accommodations are in a traditional 2 floor Finnish log house from 1890's, fully renovated with modern amenities. The tranquil and idyllic setting is located 60kms from Rovaniemi, at a lakeside in the wilderness of Lapland. The air and snow are pure, without city lighting to obscure your Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) viewing. Come and experience a yoga retreat like no other!
Retreat package includes:
- Accommodation of your choice in Family Log House for 7days/6nights
- separate toilets and shower facilities (shared)
- 2 Vegetarian Meals/day (brunch & dinner), coffee, tea, and fruit juices.
- Daily sauna and avanto (winter swimming) and option for traditional wood fire sauna and hot tub
- All yoga/meditation/philo classes
- *Group transfer from Rovaniemi City to retreat center.
The group transfer is around 3pm on the start of retreat, and after breakfast on last day of retreat at 12noon.
* Please book your flight/bus/train to arrive before the 3pm airport/city transfer and no later then 4pm. It is an hour drive from Rovaniemi airport. Upon arrival, we will have a Welcome Circle, tour of the grounds, and dinner and sauna. On the day of departure, please book your flight/bus/train to depart after 1pm for the Group Transfer back.
- Husky Farm Visit and Husky Sled Ride
- Reindeer Farm Visit and Reindeer Ride
- Snow Shoe Hiking
- Cross-country Skiing
- Learn how to make an avanto (hole in the ice for after sauna dipping)
Optional Activities not included:
- Traditional Finnish Smoke Sauna and hot tub
Sample Daily Schedule:
7-10am - Meditation, Breathwork, and Asana practice
10:30-12noon - Brunch
REST / Afternoon Activities
4-5:00pm - Yin/Technique class
5-6:00pm - Yoga Nidra
6:30pm - Dinner
**To accommodate the activities included in the retreat package, two of the afternoons will be offsite for the Reindeer ride and Husky Ride. There will be no afternoon classes on these days depending on transfer time.
GETTING HERE AND AWAY:
from Helsinki: bus, train or fly to Rovaniemi
(flights/buses/trains to Rovaniemi not included):
Early-bird Rates before December 31, 2019
4 persons sharing : 880euros/person ( 2 spots available)
3 persons sharing : 910euros/person ( 2 spots availalbe)
2 persons sharing : 940euros/person (sold out)
Regular rates after December 31, 2019:
4 persons sharing : 950euros/person
3 persons sharing : 980euros/person
2 persons sharing : 1010euros/person
Please note: There are only 10 spots for this retreat.
Single room available, upon request with single supplement (sold out). Book early to get your spot!
To book your spot, send us an email requesting which room you would like to book.
We will let you know if the room is available. Once the room is reserved with us,
to confirm your reservation, please send your deposit of 500euros to:
IBAN: FI95 1134 3500 4069 55
Name: Maria Bela Lipat
After sending your deposit, please send us an email to inform us, and we will send you your invoice.
- Please read our cancellation policy in our Terms & Conditions page
Please note: Consumption of alcohol and recreational drugs are not allowed during our stay.
Cigarette smoking is allowed only in the parking lot away from view of other students.
Rooms are given in order of booking with deposit or full payment.
- If you have a preferred roommate, let us know and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
Looking forward to a week together with you in Magical Lapland!